Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Happy 2018


The new year comes in waves of white--fresh snow falls, covering the ground where you once walked in a million cold crystals. The holidays, the harborers of memories, fades beneath the white, as I dismantle the Christmas tree and wrap your ornaments and stow them safely in a box, breathing a sigh of relief, as I have once again survived the celebrations and the missing of You. Of course, I miss You everyday, but the holidays seem to hold more poignant memories, and everyone else goes along with the ho ho ho and the hallelujahs without a whisper of your name. Niko, I say out loud in my room, sitting at my desk, a picture of us as a family on summer holiday, our arms wrapped around each other, staring at me. I love You, I miss You, I hold You in my heart. Happy New Year.

No comments: