Sunday, September 22, 2013

New song about happy Nik memories


The kids thought I could talk to the animals
I’d translate everything they said.
My daughter’s faith was unwavering,
But Nik questioned everything I said.

One day he came home with a secret
A new girlfriend he proclaimed
But he would not tell his mother
The little girl’s name.

I’ll whisper it into Bluedog’s ear
He piped up with a grin
His blue eyes blazed brightly
He was confident he would win.

Bluedog put his nose to my ear,
and said give the Mom a hint—
Let her guess the first letter
Of the alphabet.

Nik thought he had me
As I eagerly watched his face
When I got to the letter H
His grin folded like a case.

Bluedog sensed my triumph
And whispered in my ear
It’s that little girl Harmony
With freckles and red hair.

Bluedog says it’s Harmony
I said loud and clear
Nik shouted No it’s not
As he headed to the rear.

I’ll never have a girlfriend,
And Harmony’s a hog
But from that day he believed
Every word I translated for the dog.

No comments: