Friday, July 31, 2009

poetry

I went to a poetry workshop this evening and read a poem from this blog, and tomorrow I will read "Open Sky." I don't consider myself a poet, but still. Words seem to diffuse the pain; somehow they soften the blow. Perhaps, the act of creation helps smooth my rough edges.

I cried when I read, in front of people I had just met. Whatever. I don't care. Perhaps my words will help ease someone else's pain. Perhaps sharing my experience can soften their rough edges.

I don't know. It's late and the summer crawls along. I weed and water and try to train my sister's horse. I sleep a lot and have read a bunch of books. Diversions. Tricks to tick the tock and survive the day.

Nik's poppies have blossomed and yellow lillies brighten his garden. The rock walkway is almost complete and I made a rough start on the wall. I can't move the heaviest rocks. And Nik's not here to help me.

1 comment:

Catherine's Mum said...

Hi Desire,
I can really identify with all that you said here.
Apart from me reading aloud in front of people though.
Keep up the word therapy, it really does help you, as well as those who hear or read those words.

Catherine's Mum